Vision, Aims and British Values
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child - Article 29
'Gracelands Nursery School, Sowing the Seeds for Lifelong Learning.'
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child - Article 31
At Gracelands Nursery School our aim is to create a stimulating, healthy, happy secure and inclusive environment, which will promote the independent learning process for all.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child - Article 28
* Gracelands Nursery School values every child as an individual and aims to develop each pupils confidence, independence and enjoyment in learning.
* We believe that a child’s nursery education builds on the foundations already achieved at home and initiates the framework that supports lifelong learning and the acquisition of skills
* We encourage the active participation of parents, by valuing their contribution and developing a strong partnership between home and school.
* We, the nursery team, continue to explore all opportunities to support the development of physical, intellectual, social and emotional skills, as outlined in the EYFS Developmental Matters 2012.
* We provide a healthy, happy, secure and stimulating environment, which enables children to reach their full potential.
* In developing a sense of community we aim to encourage consideration and respect for others and a concern for the environment. We encourage equal opportunities and access for all, celebrating our differences and being aware of the vulnerable and the “hard to reach”.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child - Article 14
At Gracelands Nursery School we value all of our children and families. We celebrate our rich cultural and religious diversity and promote mutual respect. We are an inclusive setting and our ethos and curriculum enables children to be independent learners-making choices and building strong relationships particularly with their peers. We encourage this by structuring the environment and timetable to enable individual, paired, small and large group activity. We have certain rules that children and adults must follow for example; have kind hands, say kind words and mobile phones only in designated areas. This enables a safe learning environment. All of these form our framework for promoting British values-democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faith and beliefs.
Please click the image above to open the planner in a new window